1. Travel Advice For British Citizens & British Nationals Only
Please click below link for Latest travel advice by country including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health.
2. Indian Visa
British Citizens & British Nationals require Visa to travel to India. If you are an Indian origin Please find various visa types are available to choose from below
a) E-tourist Visa
e-TOURIST VISA (eTV)
e-Tourist Visa Facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories
Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Island,Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand,Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent's/Spouse's Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
E-TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Upload Photo and Passport Page (If you need help, please contact our office. We may charge an admin fee for processing your application fee.)
Pay visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit cardhttps://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/info1.jsp
Receive eTV Online
eTV Will be sent to your e-mail
Fly To India
Print eTV and carry at the time of travel
b) Tourist Visa for 6 Months & Above
Who Can Apply?
A tourist visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives, etc. No other activity is permissible on a tourist visa. A tourist visa may be issued normally for three months to six months with single, double or multiple entries and is non-extendable and non-convertible. The duration of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Issuing Authority. All visa fees once paid are non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of the visa application and duration granted Please note that the validity of the visa begins from the date of issue by the High Commission of India and not from the date of travel on your application form.
Kindly ensure all the fields of the visa application form are completely filled before submitting including your UK and India referees. Please note if you are going for tourism purposes and do not have Indian referees kindly attach a self-undertaking that you will book your accommodation/ hotels on arrival in India.
Applicants who wish to travel to Restricted/Protected Areas (Andaman-Nicobar/Sikkim) for tourism are required to obtain the Restricted Area Permit before their travel. Please fill the Additional Information Form for the restricted area permit.
Various Steps for Indian Visa Process:
Click here for for detailed information:
Prepare your application
How to apply
Fill your application online
Pay online :
Book your appointment:
3. Indian OCI, Passport and Other Consular Services
INDIAN VISA AND CONSULAR SERVICE APPLICATION CENTRE, IN UK Online Appointment System - OCI, Passports and Select Consular Services
Please click below link for detailed information: